Parts of west coast Sabah hit by floods, 65 villages inundated

Malaysia News News

Parts of west coast Sabah hit by floods, 65 villages inundated
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 43 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 75%

KOTA KINABALU: Low lying areas across Sabah's west coast and interior were flooded due to continuous heavy rainfall on Friday (Sept 3).

At least 65 villages in southwestern Beaufort and Sipitang were flooded with 68 people from 60 houses evacuated so far, while Kota Kinabalu has gone on alert amid continuing flooding in low lying areas including the Kolombong industrial estate.

Neighbouring districts of Penampang, Putatan, Papar, Tuaran were also reporting floods, while reports from interior Keningau said that a section of the road in Apin Apin area sank, making it impassable for vehicles.There have been no reports of any casualties or damage in the areas hit by the floods.

Sabah has been experiencing wet weather over the past week but heavy and continuous showers triggered more flooding that included housing estates, industrial areas as well as feeder roads.Meteorologists are forecasting continued light and heavy rains through the weekend. Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor had urged people to be more vigilant during the current poor weather conditions.

He urged people to move out of their areas if instructed by the authorities monitoring the flood situation.Article type: metered

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Sabah should have its own 'second home' scheme to attract foreign funds, says lawyers groupSabah should have its own 'second home' scheme to attract foreign funds, says lawyers groupKOTA KINABALU: It is time for Sabah to have its own programme separate from Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H), says the Sabah Law Society (SLS).
Read more »

Four areas in Sabah under EMCO from Sept 3-16Four areas in Sabah under EMCO from Sept 3-16PUTRAJAYA: Four localities in four districts in Sabah will be placed under the enhanced movement control order (MCO) effective Friday (Sept 3).
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 11:20:07