KUCHING, May 15 — The Sessions Court here has ordered a 19-year-old student to be sent to Henry Gurney School Kuching until he reaches the age of 21 for having child sexual abuse...
A 19-year-old man has been ordered by the Sessions Court to undergo rehabilitation at the Henry Gurney School in Kuching until he is 21, after admitting to having child sexual abuse materials on his smartphone.
— The Borneo Post! Plus, enjoy an additional FREE RM10 when you sign up using code VERSAMM10 with a min. cash-in of RM100 today. T&Cs apply. KUCHING, May 15 — The Sessions Court here has ordered a 19-year-old student to be sent to Henry Gurney School Kuching until he reaches the age of 21 for having child sexual abuse materials on his smartphone.
Judge Musli Ab Hamid also ordered the youth offender to undergo rehabilitative counselling throughout his detention period at Henry Gurney School Kuching in accordance with Section 26 of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017. The court further ordered the offender to undergo police supervision in Bau for two years upon his release from the institution pursuant to Section 27 of Soaca 2017.
In addition, the court instructed the reform school to ensure the youth offender completes the Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia . On April 10, the accused pleaded guilty to two charges framed under the Soaca 2017. For the first charge, he was accused of participating in a business related to child pornography under Section 8, which carries a maximum prison sentence of 15 years and not less than three strokes of the cane upon conviction.
For the second charge under Section 10, he was accused of possessing child sexual abuse materials on his smartphone. The offence is punishable with imprisonment of up to five years, a fine of up to RM10,000, or both upon conviction. It was previously reported that the teenager was arrested during a raid in Bau following intelligence gathered by the police.
Bau police chief Supt Mohd Haide A Rahman had said inspections of the teenager’s device uncovered 936 obscene videos and 4,035 pornographic images.
“Initial investigations found that the suspect is believed to have accessed pornographic websites involving adult and child content, apart from carrying out the sale of such materials through the Telegram application and promoting them on social media platforms,” he said.
Henry Gurney School Sexual Offences Against Children Act Bau Supt Mohd Haide A Rahman Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
DAP rep questions transparency of Sarawak foreign worker scheme involving nearly RM200m in feesKUCHING, May 14 — The state government has been called on to disclose the structure behind the Sarawak Foreign Workers’ Transformation Approach (FWTA), which has been...
Read more »
Famous Gurney Drive food court to move to Gurney BayPenang exco H’ng Mooi Lye says the new hawker centre is expected to be ready in the first quarter of 2027.
Read more »
Gurney Drive food court to move to new waterfront complex next yearThe concert is expected to revive the glory days of 1980s and 1990s rock music through a lineup of hit songs and high-energy performances that once became a cultural phenomenon.
Read more »
Cutting fuel subsidies will cripple Sabah, Sarawak economic activities, says SAPPTeo expresses his gratitude to his mother on Mothers Day, revealing that his father had walked away from the family years ago.
Read more »
