Govt secures stay of High Court ruling on ‘Duta enclave’ land transfer to Semantan Estate pending appeal

Semantan Estate (1952) Sdn Bhd News

Govt secures stay of High Court ruling on ‘Duta enclave’ land transfer to Semantan Estate pending appeal
Land AcquisitionHigh CourtDuta Enclave Land
  • 📰 malaymail
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 40 sec. here
  • 7 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 36%
  • Publisher: 86%

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 12 — The government today succeeded in its application to stay the High Court’s decision ordering it to transfer ownership of 263.272 acres (106.542...

The government today succeeded in its application to stay the High Court ’s decision ordering it to transfer ownership of 263.272 acres of land in Mukim Batu here to Semantan Estate Sdn Bhd pending the disposal of the government’s appeal at the Court of Appeal. — Reuters picKUALA LUMPUR, Sept 12 — The government today succeeded in its application to stay the High Court ’s decision ordering it to transfer ownership of 263.

He said these buildings and facilities presently accommodate a considerable number of personnel and human resources, along with various types of public assets, not to mention valuable and delicate historical records, in the case of the National Archives. On August 8, the government filed an appeal against the High Court’s decision ordering the transfer of the land to Semantan Estate.

The judge also ordered the Land Registrar to fulfil the required conditions within three months and instructed the government to pay RM50,000 in costs. In 2009, Judicial Commissioner Zura Yahya ruled that Semantan Estate had retained its beneficial interest in the 263.272 acres of land, which had been unlawfully acquired by the government, thus constituting trespass on the land.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

malaymail /  🏆 1. in MY

Land Acquisition High Court Duta Enclave Land Duta Enclave Land Transfer Stay Order

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

No basis for Siti Bainun's allegations against Sessions Court judge, says High CourtNo basis for Siti Bainun's allegations against Sessions Court judge, says High Court(Reuters) - England captain Harry Kane will earn his 100th cap for his country when they host Finland in the Nations League at Wembley on Tuesday, becoming the 10th player to reach the mark, the Football Association (FA) said on Monday.
Read more »

Govt shifting into high gear in energy transitionGovt shifting into high gear in energy transitionKUALA LUMPUR: To reinforce its commitment to future-proof the electricity supply sector, the government has strengthened its dedication to energy tran...
Read more »

Camp operator, saddled with RM14m loss, fails court bid against govt for axing National ServiceCamp operator, saddled with RM14m loss, fails court bid against govt for axing National ServiceKUALA LUMPUR, Aug 27 — A National Service Training Programme (PLKN) camp operator has failed in its lawsuit against the federal government to recover some RM14 million allegedly...
Read more »

Court allows govt's application for stay over land transfer to Semantan estateCourt allows govt's application for stay over land transfer to Semantan estateSYDNEY (Reuters) - If all goes well when the biggest marathon field ever gathered in Australia races 42 kilometres around the streets of Sydney on Sunday, World Marathon Majors will soon add a seventh race to the elite series.
Read more »

Govt’s bid to stay Semantan Estate land transfer set for court hearing on Sept 2Govt’s bid to stay Semantan Estate land transfer set for court hearing on Sept 2KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 20 — The government's application to stay the High Court's decision ordering it to transfer ownership of 263.272 acres (106.542 hectares) of land in...
Read more »

Collab with high-tech manufacturing industry to provide high-income jobs for locals, says Johor MBCollab with high-tech manufacturing industry to provide high-income jobs for locals, says Johor MBSINGAPORE: Businessman David Yong has been handed a fourth falsification of accounts charge, three months after he was featured in a Netflix series Super Rich In Korea.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-30 12:15:06