Hezbollah strikes Israeli soldiers after truce violation

Conflict & War News

Hezbollah strikes Israeli soldiers after truce violation
HezbollahIsraeli ArmyMisgav Am

Lebanese Hezbollah group strikes Israeli soldiers near Misgav Am, injuring three before launching further attacks on Israeli positions.

Hezbollah said that it targeted Israeli soldiers near Misgav Am , just over the border. BEIRUT: Hezbollah said it targeted troops in northern Israel with drones on Saturday in response to repeated Israeli attacks on Lebanon despite an ongoing truce between the two sides.

In a statement, the group said that it 'targeted a gathering of Israeli enemy army soldiers near Misgav Am', just over the border, in retaliation for 'the Israeli enemy's violation of the ceasefire'. Hours later, it said it had launched another drone at 'a gathering of Israeli enemy soldiers at a helicopter landing pad' in Shlomi, also along the countries' shared frontier. The group also announced attacks on Israeli military targets inside Lebanon using rockets and drones.

After Hezbollah's first announcement, the Israeli military reported 'several' explosive drone launches by Hezbollah into Israeli territory, saying one army reservist had been severely wounded and two others moderately injured in one of the attacks, without specifying where. It also said Hezbollah 'launched several explosive drones toward soldiers operating in southern Lebanon'.

'In one of the incidents, an explosive drone hit an unmanned engineering vehicle belonging to IDF soldiers. Damage was caused to the vehicle, and no IDF injuries were reported,' it added. Israeli forces and Hezbollah have traded fire daily, mostly in southern Lebanon, despite the ceasefire agreement in effect since April 17.

Earlier on Saturday, Israel's military said it had struck more than 85 Hezbollah infrastructure sites 'from the air and on the ground' in the past 24 hours, including weapon storage facilities and launchers. It also said it had struck an underground Hezbollah weapons production site in east Lebanon's Bekaa valley, as well as militants 'advancing terrorist activities against IDF soldiers operating in southern Lebanon'. Lebanese authorities reported at least eight people, including a girl, killed by Israeli strikes on Saturday.

Israeli attacks have killed more than 2,750 people in Lebanon since Hezbollah drew the country into the Middle East war on March 2, according to the Lebanese health ministry.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

fmtoday /  🏆 5. in MY

Hezbollah Israeli Army Misgav Am Truce Violation Drones Rocket Attacks

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

US, Gulf allies urge UN to demand Iran end blockade of Strait of HormuzUS, Gulf allies urge UN to demand Iran end blockade of Strait of HormuzThe US and its Gulf allies are pressing the UN to demand that Iran end its blockage of shipping through the Strait of Hormuz, which has been largely cut off since the war broke out on Feb 28 after US and Israeli attacks on Iran.
Read more »

After Beirut strike, Netanyahu says ‘no immunity’ for militantsAfter Beirut strike, Netanyahu says ‘no immunity’ for militantsIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said a strike killed a Hezbollah commander who directed attacks against Israeli forces from a secret headquarters in Beirut.
Read more »

Gaza-bound flotilla reports sexual violence, physical assaults against activists in Israeli custodyGaza-bound flotilla reports sexual violence, physical assaults against activists in Israeli custodyCEBU: Under the sweltering heat in this central Philippine province known for its beaches, convoys swept down palm-lined roads carrying South-East Asian leaders bound for the Asean Summit.
Read more »

At Least 31 People Killed in Israeli Strikes on Lebanon; Ceasefire FloutedAt Least 31 People Killed in Israeli Strikes on Lebanon; Ceasefire FloutedAnadolu Ajansi reports that at least 31 people, including a member of the civil defence, were killed in Israeli airstrikes on southern Lebanon. Five people were killed and three were injured in airstrikes on the town of Toura. The Israeli army continues to conduct daily strikes in Lebanon, despite a ceasefire announced on April 17 and extended until May 17. More than 1.6 million people have been displaced.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-16 09:18:34