Stellantis partners with China's Dongfeng for Europe sales, EVs

Automotive News

Stellantis partners with China's Dongfeng for Europe sales, EVs
StellantisDongfengJeep

The French-Italian automaker joins forces with China's Dongfeng to boost Europe's sales of clean-energy vehicles and boost Jeep and Peugeot revenues in China.

PARIS: Jeep and Fiat owner Stellantis said Wednesday it had formed a joint venture with China ’s Dongfeng to share manufacturing, sales and engineering operations in Europe .

The deal to bolster sales as the EU pushes carmakers to produce more clean-energy vehicles will see Dongfeng’s Voyah EVs built at Stellantis’s plant in Rennes, western France, for the European market, the companies said in a statement. It is the latest move by Stellantis chief Antonio Filosa to revive sales and profits at the world’s fourth-largest automaker, in particular in Europe, where the shift away from combustion engines has sputtered.

The company announced earlier this month a plan to build Jeep and Peugeot models for the Chinese market and increase cooperation on technology research and development. Stellantis will lead the European joint venture with a 51% stake, while Dongfeng will have 49%. Financial details were not disclosed.

“With this new chapter in our collaboration, we will give our customers an even greater choice of competitive products and pricing, leveraging the best of Stellantis’s global footprint alongside Dongfeng’s access to China’s advanced new energy vehicles ecosystem,” Filosa said in a statement. Dongfeng’s chairman Qing Yang said in the statement: “Through coordination in technology, branding, and global markets, it will unlock greater value from the joint venture, accelerate Dongfeng’s global expansion, support Stellantis’s global strategic shift and China presence. ”

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

fmtoday /  🏆 5. in MY

Stellantis Dongfeng Jeep Fiat Europe China Evs Manufacturing Sales Engineering Clean-Energy Vehicles Antonio Filosa European Joint Venture China

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

China Stocks Struggle; Hong Kong Shares Rise Amid US-China Summit Outcomes, Global Bond SelloffChina Stocks Struggle; Hong Kong Shares Rise Amid US-China Summit Outcomes, Global Bond SelloffChina's blue-chip and Shanghai Composite indices decline 0.5% and remain flat, respectively. Hong Kong benchmark HANGSENG rises 0.4%. Investors remain cautious as surging bond yields pressure Asian equities. Rare earth stocks decline as Australia orders divestment. US President Donald Trump's visit with China has failed to achieve breakthroughs on trade, keeping investors on the sidelines. Bank stocks lead gains in Hong Kong. Standard Chartered Bank announces plan to achieve higher returns through role cuts.
Read more »

U.S. Decision On Troop Withdrawal Not Expected To Undermine NATO Plans In Europe, Says NATO Supreme Allied Commander EuropeU.S. Decision On Troop Withdrawal Not Expected To Undermine NATO Plans In Europe, Says NATO Supreme Allied Commander EuropeAlexus Grynkewich, commander of the U.S. European Command and NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe, states that the decision by the U.S. to withdraw an armored brigade or 5,000 troops from Europe will not undermine the alliance's defense plans in the region. He also mentions that European allies and Canada are taking more responsibility for the conventional defense in Europe with continued backing from U.S. capabilities.
Read more »

Middle East tourism pain is Europe’s gain: Travellers stay closer to home amid safety risksMiddle East tourism pain is Europe’s gain: Travellers stay closer to home amid safety risksPARIS, May 20 — Europeans are choosing to vacation closer to home as the war in the Middle East has amplified security concerns and made long-haul flights more expensive.The...
Read more »

US cuts troop brigades in Europe, presses allies to spend more on defenceUS cuts troop brigades in Europe, presses allies to spend more on defenceWASHINGTON, May 20 — The Department of Defense said yesterday it was reducing the number of US troop brigades in Europe from four to three, taking the deployment back to 2021...
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-20 11:12:58