Austrian Police Thwart Cyber Sabotage Attempts at Eurovision Song Contest

Security News

Austrian Police Thwart Cyber Sabotage Attempts at Eurovision Song Contest
Eurovision Song ContestCyber AttacksAccess Control Systems

Austrian police recorded about 500 cyberattacks targeting the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, authorities said on Monday. The attacks targeted not only the Eurovision website but also access control systems at the venue. The perpetrators sought to disrupt, slow down or disable systems, but were thwarted by Austrian police.

Austria n police recorded about 500 cyberattacks targeting the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna , authorities said on Monday. Michael Takàcs , head of Austria 's federal police, said the attempted acts of cyber sabotage were thwarted.

The attacks targeted not only the Eurovision website but also access control systems at the venue. The perpetrators sought to disrupt, slow down or disable systems, Takàcs said at a press conference, adding that no details were available on those responsible or their motives. Interior Minister Gerhard Karner said the goal had been to ensure a safe and peaceful event. We succeeded, he said, noting that no serious incidents were reported at live broadcasts, public viewing events or related demonstrations.

Around 3,500 Austrian police officers were deployed during the final week of the contest in Vienna, supported by special units from Germany's Bavaria region, officials said. Domestic security services also monitored social media activity, where Leichtfried said an increase in polarisation and radicalisation had been observed. The Eurovision Song Contest was accompanied by several demonstrations, most of which were directed against Israel's participation.

Shortly before Saturday's final show, in which Bulgaria came out on top, 14 masked pro-Palestinian activists were detained for failing to end their peaceful but unauthorised rally despite police orders. A total of 16 detentions were made in connection with Eurovision, including a person who attempted to scale a barrier around the venue. - dp

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

Eurovision Song Contest Cyber Attacks Access Control Systems Austria Vienna Demonstrations Pro-Palestinian Activists Israel's Participation Austria's Federal Police Michael Takàcs Gerhard Karner Domestic Security Services Leichtfried Polarisation And Radicalisation Masked Pro-Palestinian Activists Austria's Federal Police Michael Takàcs Gerhard Karner Domestic Security Services Leichtfried Polarisation And Radicalisation Masked Pro-Palestinian Activists A Total Of 16 Detentions Were Made In Connecti A Person Who Attempted To Scale A Barrier Arou

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

PH ready to contest all seats, says AnwarPH ready to contest all seats, says AnwarAnwar Ibrahim says PH has no choice but to respond in kind if other coalitions choose to contest against it during upcoming elections.
Read more »

Bersama to go solo in elections, offer voters ‘real alternative’, says RafiziBersama to go solo in elections, offer voters ‘real alternative’, says RafiziRafizi Ramli says Parti Bersama Malaysia will be multiracial and contest seats across political divides.
Read more »

UMNO Condemns Accusation of Solo Contest and Denounces Insult as Unforgivable, BN Strength in StrengthUMNO Condemns Accusation of Solo Contest and Denounces Insult as Unforgivable, BN Strength in StrengthThe United Malays National Organization (UMNO), in response to the accusation that it will run alone in the upcoming state elections without Pakatan Harapan (PH) collaboration, has condemned the comment as an insult that cannot be overlooked. However, despite their protest, it is alleged that the leadership of United Malays National Organization (UMNO) Johor will be announced solo.
Read more »

Fibrebites project bags second place in innovation contestFibrebites project bags second place in innovation contestSANDAKAN: Politeknik Sandakan Sabah (PSS) won second place at the Anugerah Inovasi Mayor DBKK 2025 in Kota Kinabalu recently with their project, “Fibrebites Cookies.” The team – Andikah Nurhayat Razanali, Cybrian Cyril Ireneus, Crissy Yaduin, and Grace Ang Suh Yie – received a cash prize of RM3,500, along with a trophy and certificate.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-19 08:22:28