JOHOR BAHRU, May 19 — The Johor Bahru City Council (MBJB) will take action after identifying contractors involved in deliberately running over and killing a dog in a pick-up...
Johor Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Mohd Jafni Md Shukor says authorities will take strict action against contractors involved in the alleged running over and killing of a dog during a stray dog eradication operation in Puteri Wangsa last week.
— Picture via Facebook/jafnishukor! Plus, enjoy an additional FREE RM10 when you sign up using code VERSAMM10 with a min. cash-in of RM100 today. T&Cs apply. JOHOR BAHRU, May 19 — The Johor Bahru City Council will take action after identifying contractors involved in deliberately running over and killing a dog in a pick-up truck here last week.
The incident, which was captured on closed-circuit television footage, has since triggered public outrage against a team of MBJB contractors during a stray dog eradication operation in Puteri Wangsa here on May 15. Johor Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Mohd Jafni Md Shukor said MBJB’s internal investigation had identified the individuals involved as appointed contractors carrying out the stray dog eradication operation.
He said MBJB had issued the contractor involved a show-cause letter for failure to comply with the standard operating procedure and non-compliance with the terms of appointment.
“MBJB had also filed a police report to enable further investigation by the authorities for negligence, misconduct, abuse of power or violation of the law,” he said in a statement today. Mohd Jafni said the authorities would take strict and uncompromising action if investigations found any SOP violations or negligence. He said the action could include suspension of operations, termination of contracts, blacklisting and legal action against the parties responsible.
Mohd Jafni said MBJB viewed the incident seriously and would not compromise on negligence, misconduct or non-compliance with prescribed guidelines.
“I would like to point out that every enforcement operation related to the capture and disposal of stray dogs must be carried out in a controlled, prudent manner. “The operation must also adhere to the SOP for the capture and disposal of stray dogs that is set by the Housing and Local Government Ministry, adding that any action that violates this will not be protected by the state government.
” On a related matter, Mohd Jafni said the state government reminded all dog owners that they are responsible for ensuring their pets are kept under control and supervised so as not to disrupt public order or pose a public risk. Earlier, a video widely shared on social media showed a pick-up truck deliberately running over a dog during a stray dog eradication operation in a residential area in Puteri Wangsa here last week.
MBJB Puteri Wangsa Datuk Mohd Jafni Md Shukor CCTV Footage Dog Licensing By-Laws
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Ikano Centres,Welton Group bangunkan projek kediaman di Johor BahruIkano Centres, sebahagian daripada Ikano Retail menandatangani perjanjian pembangunan bersama Welton Group of Companies bagi projek Habitation Plus+, sebuah pembangunan kediaman baharu di Johor Bahru, Johor.
Read more »
Johor Media Club Regrets and Concerns Over Media Harassment Incident during Pakatan Convention in Johor BaruJohor Media Club expresses regret and concern over an alleged incident involving harassment and disruption against media personnel during the coverage of the Pakatan Harapan convention in Johor Baru on Sunday, May 17. The media club lodged a police report to ensure the incident does not recur.
Read more »
Pest Control Company Accused Of Running Over & Killing Stray Dog In Johor NeighbourhoodThe Johor Bahru City Council has yet to issue a statement on the matter.
Read more »
PKR Vice-Chairman Jhries at Johor Barru: Rafizi Ramli Free to Contest Any Seat in JohorPakatan Harapan's state vice-chairman for Johor, Jimmy Puah, said yesterday that former minister Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli is free to contest any seat he wants in the state of Johor. He clarified that Rafizi, who recently resigned from the PKR party and formed Parti Bersama Malaysia (PBM), could contest in Johor and said that it was not an issue.
Read more »



