Beyond the Breaking News

Nearly 3,000 Residents Cut Off in Villages by Floods: Assistance Arrives

Natural Disaster News

Nearly 3,000 Residents Cut Off in Villages by Floods: Assistance Arrives
Nabawan FloodsMukim Pemuntarian Flash FloodsAssistance For Affected Villagers

People from six villages in Mukim Pemuntarian were stranded due to flash floods that have yet to recede since Monday in Nabawan, Borneo. Various entities provided assistance, including dry and wet food supplies.

NABAWAN: Nearly 3,000 residents in six villages in Mukim Pemuntarian here are cut off by flash floods that have yet to recede since Monday. The are Kampung Ulu Mosopoh, Kalayunan, Salarom Baru, Nakuyung, Pamuntarian and Tiang.

Advertisement Vehicles transporting goods are forced to transfer items to other vehicles as the road from Nabawan town to Jalan Pamuntarian could no longer be fully accessed. The floods have also disrupted the daily movement of residents, including access to healthcare and basic necessities, while teachers also faced difficulties reporting for duty at SK Pementarian and SK Ulu Mosopoh.

SPONSORED CONTENT Cosmobeauté expands into Borneo with debut festival in KK Cosmobeauté Malaysia and beautyexpo will expand into East Malaysia with the launch of the Cosmobeauté Malaysia Borneo Festival 2026 at the Sabah International Convention Centre from May 25 to 26. Read more Assistance in the form of dry and wet food supplies were distributed by Nabawan Assemblyman Abdul Ghani Yassin and Assistant Minister of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, who is also Tulid Assemblyman, Jordan Jude Ellron.

Nabawan Community Development Leader Deckson Andipai said the immediate aid was to help affected residents while awaiting further government assistance through the District Disaster Management Committee . Advertisement“This contribution will hopefully help families cut off by the floods while waiting for conditions to return to normal,” he said. Kampung Salarom Baru village chief Lumababai Antawor expressed appreciatio for the assistance.

He said residents had been unable to travel to Nabawan town since last Saturday after roads became submerged and impassable to vehicles. Advertisement Kampung Salarom Baru JKKK chairman Ambilek Omopor also conveyed his gratitude to those who contributed food supplies to the affected villagers. Tenom District Officer and JPBD Tenom Chairman Alexender Liew said heavy rain on Monday night caused flash floods in several areas around Tenom town and nearby villages.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

DailyExpress_MY /  🏆 3. in MY

Nabawan Floods Mukim Pemuntarian Flash Floods Assistance For Affected Villagers Food Supplies Distributed Ajang Abdul Ghani Yassin Jordan Jude Ellron Deckson Andipai

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Federal Territories Minister Hannah Yeoh Assurs Residents in Setiawangsa of Continuous SupportFederal Territories Minister Hannah Yeoh Assurs Residents in Setiawangsa of Continuous SupportFederal Territories Minister Hannah Yeoh has assured residents of Setiawangsa that services will continue without disruption following the announcement by YB Nik Nazmi to vacate his parliamentary seat.
Read more »

Setiawangsa residents to continue receiving support despite vacant seat, says Hannah YeohSetiawangsa residents to continue receiving support despite vacant seat, says Hannah YeohMay 18 (Reuters) - Australia's Eddie Nketia ⁠has promised to run 100 metres under 10 seconds in ⁠legal conditions this season after going under the symbolic mark with ‌the help of an illegal wind for the second time in two months in Nebraska on Sunday.
Read more »

Three South Koreans plead not guilty to kidnapping, demanding nearly RM40mil ransomThree South Koreans plead not guilty to kidnapping, demanding nearly RM40mil ransomSocial media CEOs once again are being called to testify before the US Senate in light of mounting legal and public pressure to protect young users on their platforms.
Read more »

Residents cast doubt on PLB’s ability to continue as going concernResidents cast doubt on PLB’s ability to continue as going concernProtect Karpal Singh Drive says the Penang government cannot ignore the red flags in the developer’s finances.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-21 22:27:03