Beyond the Breaking News

Penang exco member Fahmi claims trial to hurting wife

Courts Crime News

Penang exco member Fahmi claims trial to hurting wife
CourtsPenang Executive CouncillorFahmi Zainol

TOKYO: Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi told parliament on Friday (Feb 27) that she opposes changing the imperial family's male succession rules.

No proven link between former Philippines president Duterte speeches and drug deaths: defence at International Criminal CourtBALIK PULAU: Penang executive councillor Fahmi Zainol has been charged at the Magistrate’s Court here with voluntarily causing hurt to his wife.

Fahmi, who is the Pantai Jerejak assemblyman, pleaded not guilty after the charge was read to him before magistrate Chia Huey Ting. Based on the charge sheet, he is charged with purposely causing injury to his wife, Nur Hidayah Abd Jabar, 35, at a house in Bayan Lepas at around 10pm on Feb 22. The charge was framed under Section 323 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt, read with Section 326A of the same code for causing hurt to a spouse. If found guilty, the charge carries imprisonment for up to one year, a fine of up to RM2,000, or both. Datuk Nazran Mohd Sham, Ikmal Affandi Zulkifli and Lim Jin Hong prosecuted the case while Fahmi was represented by Shamsher Singh Thind.It was reported earlier this week that there had been a domestic dispute between a state executive councillor and his wife which then went viral, after it was believed to have led to both filing separate police reports.Both parties allegedly claimed violence against one another with the state exco member stating that his wife was violent and physically assaulted him, attempted to stab him with a pair of scissors and claimed that his wife is currently undergoing psychiatric treatment at Penang Hospital. The wife is said to have claimed that a verbal argument led to a physical altercation between the two with claims that he had attempted to strangle her, held her hands and punched her. She claimed she had hit him in self-defence and he then took away her phone and did not let her leave their home.Follow us on our official

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

Courts Penang Executive Councillor Fahmi Zainol Charged Magistrate's Court Voluntarily Causing Hurt Wife Fahmi Pantai Jerejak Assemblyman

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Machete-wielding attackers slash man outside commercial building in PenangMachete-wielding attackers slash man outside commercial building in PenangTelekom Malaysia Bhd (TM) and U Mobile will enter into a new 5G Multi-Operator Core Network (MOCN) arrangement as part of its approach to strengthen mobile competitiveness and advance its convergence ambitions.
Read more »

Michelle Yeoh Plays Five Roles In Short Celebrating Penang CultureMichelle Yeoh Plays Five Roles In Short Celebrating Penang CultureYOUR DAILY BUNGKUS OF NEWS, EVENTS, POP CULTURE & HOT TEA.
Read more »

Gentari and MBPP Expand EV Charging Network in Penang with New Locations and PromotionsGentari and MBPP Expand EV Charging Network in Penang with New Locations and PromotionsGentari and Penang Island City Council (MBPP) are expanding the EV charging infrastructure in Penang with new DC fast chargers at Jalan Sg Dua and Jalan Perak. The expansion brings the total number of Gentari x MBPP EV charging locations to seven with a total of twenty-two DC charge points. An introductory offer is available for the two new locations and the existing ones to encourage the adoption of EVs.
Read more »

Gentari Expands EV Charging Network in Penang with New DC ChargersGentari Expands EV Charging Network in Penang with New DC ChargersGentari, in partnership with MBPP, has added new DC fast-charging locations in Penang. This expansion includes a 50kW DC charger at Jalan Sg Dua and two 50kW DC chargers at Jalan Perak, bringing the total to 7 locations with 22 charge points. Introductory offers include a 15% discount at the new locations until March 11, 2026, and a 15% discount for all Gentari EV chargers in Penang for February 2026.
Read more »

Penang civil servants to receive half-month Aidilfitri bonus, minimum RM1,000Penang civil servants to receive half-month Aidilfitri bonus, minimum RM1,000KUALA LUMPUR: Bursa Malaysia has suspended intraday short selling (IDSS) on MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd for the rest of the trading day after the stock breached the exchange's price limit threshold.
Read more »

Demand for Japanese cars decline as govt makes EV shiftDemand for Japanese cars decline as govt makes EV shiftProton, Perodua continue to dominate domestic car market share at 61%, says the investment, trade and industry ministry.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-24 13:12:03