Withdrawal from ICC no free pass for Duterte, says ex-judge

Malaysia News News

Withdrawal from ICC no free pass for Duterte, says ex-judge
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 inquirerdotnet
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 22 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 86%

ICYMI : The Philippines’ withdrawal from the Rome Statute is not a free pass for President Duterte to escape the judicial mantle of ICC or evade accountability for the deaths of thousands of alleged victims of his brutal war on drugs.

Malacañang said Duterte would not cooperate with the probe since the Philippines had already bolted from the treaty in 2019.

“Is there a global police by which the ICC orders arrest to be carried out? There’s no such thing in international law, in general, and no such thing for the ICC, in particular,” he said. He cited the case of former Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who was ordered arrested by the ICC in 2009 for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity for the deaths of over 10,000 of his countrymen during the Darfur war.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

inquirerdotnet /  🏆 3. in PH

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

FALSE: Former ICC prosecutor Bensouda is a US-designated ‘terrorist’FALSE: Former ICC prosecutor Bensouda is a US-designated ‘terrorist’FactCheck: Bensouda was on the US Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Individuals, but was not designated a terrorist by the US State Department.
Read more »

Ex-President Noynoy Aquino passes away at 61Ex-President Noynoy Aquino passes away at 61Tributes pour in for the late former Philippine president Benigno Aquino III who passed away Thursday morning at age 61.
Read more »

OCTA supports mandatory face shield policyOCTA supports mandatory face shield policyThe OCTA research group says they trust the study made by medical experts who recommended the continued use of face shields to President Rodrigo Duterte.
Read more »

Noynoy Aquino’s passing ‘a big loss to the nation’, says Sen. GoNoynoy Aquino’s passing ‘a big loss to the nation’, says Sen. GoSenator Christopher “Bong” Go has sent condolences to the Aquino family on the passing of former President Benigno Simeon Aquino III last Thursday.
Read more »

Duterte fully vaccinated against COVID-19 –PSG chiefDuterte fully vaccinated against COVID-19 –PSG chiefPresident Rodrigo Duterte has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the head of his security team said on Friday.
Read more »

Duterte threatens to kill friends if involved in illegal drug tradeDuterte threatens to kill friends if involved in illegal drug trade
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 12:13:17