The White House limits travel to the U.S. from Brazil after the South American nation became the world’s No. 2 hot spot for coronavirus cases
WASHINGTON/BRASILIA - The White House on Sunday said it was restricting travel from Brazil to the United States, two days after the South American nation became the world’s No. 2 hotspot for coronavirus cases.
The new restrictions come into force on May 28, the embassy said, prohibiting most non-U.S. citizens from traveling to the United States if they have been in Brazil in the last two weeks. Green card holders, close relatives of U.S. citizens and flight crew members, among select others, would be exempt.
“We hope that’ll be temporary, but because of the situation in Brazil, we’re going to take every step necessary to protect the American people,” O’Brien said. Two hours earlier, he wrote that Trump had “opened a direct line for the exchange of information about the protocol for using hydroxychloroquine and other treatments for the virus.”
Bolsonaro’s insistence on the drug’s potential and defiance of state isolation orders pushed out two health ministers in a month, both trained doctors. The acting head of the Health Ministry, an army general, issued guidelines this week to expand use of the drug in coronavirus cases.
Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
White House announces travel ban with BrazilBREAKING: White House announces the U.S. will ban entrance of non-citizens who have been in Brazil, a coronavirus hotspot, within the 14-day period preceding their attempted entry.
Read more »
White House Bars Entry Of Non-Citizens Traveling From BrazilIn the latest travel ban, the White House on Sunday announced that non-citizens would be barred from entering the US if they are coming from Brazil, where COVID-19 cases are exploding. The administ…
Read more »
White House Restricts Travel From Brazil, Where Coronavirus Cases Near 350,000President Trump is barring the entry of non-U.S. citizens who have been in Brazil within the past 14 days. The country has the world's second-highest number of confirmed coronavirus infections, behind only the United States.
Read more »
White House limits travel to U.S. from Brazil due to coronavirusThe White House on Sunday said it was prohibiting most non-U.S. citizens from traveling to the United States if they had been in Brazil in the last two weeks, two days after the South American nation became the world No. 2 hot spot for coronavirus cases.
Read more »
Trump administration suspends travel from Brazil to limit spread of COVID-19Trump issued a proclamation halting entry of individuals who have been in Brazil within 14 days before trying to enter the U.S.
Read more »
U.S. to Restrict Travel From Brazil to Stem Coronavirus SpreadThe White House said it plans to ban, with certain exceptions, people from entering the U.S. if they have been in Brazil for the previous 14 days
Read more »