Tragedy struck the Kwara State Muslim Pilgrims Board as two of its pilgrims died in Madina, Saudi Arabia, just 48 hours after their arrival.
Executive Secretary of the Board, Abdulsalam Abdulƙadir , said in a statement on Sunday that Salisu Mohammed Executive Secretary of the Board, Abdulsalam Abdulƙadir , said in a statement on Sunday that Salisu Mohammed died in a public hospital’s intensive care unit after suddenly falling ill, while Hawawu Mohammed died in an apparent suicide by falling from her apartment’s rooftop as confirmed by Saudi authorities.
NAHCON coordinator in Mecca, Aliyu Tanko, disclosed this to journalists on Saturday. The arrests occurred at various locations in the city between Monday and Saturday.“The Saudi Authorities arrested seven of our pilgrims at different instances. They immediately took them out of Mecca to Jeddah and detained them.
One of the victims told journalists in Mecca that she lost her Nusuk card earlier given to her but she has requested for another one. The Committee of Youths on Mobilisation and Sensitisation , has called on the Nigeria Labour Congress , to align its minimum wage demand with governments’ ability to pay sustainably.
The Nigerian Army is set to receive an additional fleet of tactical armoured vehicles to boost its operations. This was disclosed on Sunday in a report by Military Africa, which revealed that the armoured vehicles will be delivered by Nigeria’s indigenous defence company, Equipment Protective Applications International Limited . According to the report, this delivery…
Police in the Federal Capital Territory have raided bandit camps in Kaduna State, arresting no fewer than four suspects linked to a kidnapping gang called "Mai One Million." FCT spokesperson, SP Josephine Adeh, who revealed this in a statement, said the bandit camps were located around the areas bordering Abuja. She added that the…
Nigerian Pilgrims Salisu Mohammed
Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Hajj 2024: Nigerian caterers to serve local foods to pilgrims in Saudi ArabiaMr Arabi also said the Nigerian government has reduced the BTA to $500 from $800 previously given to pilgrims.
Read more »
13,733 Nigerian pilgrims airlifted to Saudi Arabia for 2024 pilgrimageThe National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, has revealed that a total of 13,733 Nigerian pilgrims have so far been airlifted to Saudi Arabia to perform the 2024 pilgrimage.
Read more »
Hajj 2024: Three Nigerian pilgrims found after going missing in Saudi ArabiaNigeria's independent online newspaper
Read more »
We’re in pain, approve NAHCON controlled clinics, Nigerian pilgrims beg Saudi ArabiaScores of Nigerian pilgrims who thronged the Daru Fahad hotel, meant for officials and Ulamas of National Hajj Commission seeking medical attention were disappointed, as they were told to locate Saudi Arabian hospitals and clinics nearer to them for treatments.
Read more »
Saudi Arabia arrests 7 Nigerian pilgrims over NUSUK hajj pilgrim cardsThe authority of Saudi Arabia's Kingdom has arrested seven Nigerian pilgrims performing this year's holy pilgrimage in Makkah for failure to be in possession of NUSUK identity cards.
Read more »
Hajj: Saudi approves two clinics for Nigerian pilgrims in MeccaThe Saudi Ministry of Health has approved the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) to operate two main clinics for Nigerian ...
Read more »