Turkey had announced in May that it had decided to join the case - formally known as submitting a declaration of official intervention - and would make the necessary legal preparations
Turkey on Wednesday filed its official request to join South Africa’s genocide case against Israel over its conduct in the.“The international community must do its part to stop the genocide and exert the necessary pressure on Israel and its supporters,” Fidan said in a post on X.The court will make the final decision of admission to the case.
Israel has repeatedly dismissed the case’s accusations of genocide as baseless, arguing in court that its operations in Gaza are self-defence and targeted Hamas militants who attacked Israel on Oct. 7 last year and killed 1,200 Israelis and foreigners in a single day. In 10 months of subsequent warfare, more than 39,600 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza, hundreds of thousands displaced, and most of the enclave laid to waste as a humanitarian crisis has unfolded.
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said in January that Turkey was providing documents for the case at the ICJ, also known as the World Court.In June, Spain said it had asked to intervene in the case at the ICJ, the highest legal body of the United Nations.
Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
An Israeli attack on southern Gaza Strip leaves 71 dead, the Health Ministry in Gaza saysKHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip (AP) — The Gaza Health Ministry said 71 people were killed in an Israeli attack Saturday in the south of the war-stricken enclave. The ministry said 289 others were injured in the attack that struck the Khan Younis area.
Read more »
An Israeli attack on southern Gaza Strip leaves 71 dead, the Health Ministry in Gaza saysKHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip (AP) — The Gaza Health Ministry said 71 people were killed in an Israeli attack Saturday in the south of the war-stricken enclave. The ministry said 289 others were injured in the attack that struck the Khan Younis area.
Read more »
An Israeli attack on southern Gaza Strip leaves 71 dead, the Health Ministry in Gaza saysKHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip (AP) — The Gaza Health Ministry said 71 people were killed in an Israeli attack Saturday in the south of the war-stricken enclave. The ministry said 289 others were injured in the attack that struck the Khan Younis area.
Read more »
Airstrike kills 25 in southern Gaza as Israeli assault on Gaza City shuts down medical facilitiesDEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — An apparent Israeli airstrike on a school-turned-shelter in southern Gaza killed at least 25 Palestinians on Tuesday, as heavy bombardment in the north forced the closure of medical facilities in Gaza City and sent th
Read more »
Airstrike kills 25 in southern Gaza as Israeli assault on Gaza City shuts down medical facilitiesDEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — An apparent Israeli airstrike on a school-turned-shelter in southern Gaza killed at least 25 Palestinians on Tuesday, as heavy bombardment in the north forced the closure of medical facilities in Gaza City and sent th
Read more »
Airstrike kills 25 in southern Gaza as Israeli assault on Gaza City shuts down medical facilitiesAn apparent Israeli airstrike on a school-turned-shelter in southern Gaza killed at least 25 Palestinians on Tuesday, as heavy bombardment in the north forced the closure of medical facilities in Gaza City and sent thousands fleeing in search of increasingly elusive refuge.
Read more »