Pres. Trump bucked the advice of health officials across the world when he announced he was using hydroxychloroquine as a preventative measure. There is no evidence the anti-malaria drug works as a prophylactic for COVID-19.
There is no evidence the drug works as a prophylactic for COVID-19, for which two White House staffers tested positive about a week and a half ago. It was around that time, Trump said, that he started taking hydroxychloroquine, after consulting the White House physician; he did not say exactly prompted him to do so, but he denied it was because he had been"exposed" to the virus, as a reporter put it.
Trump had spoken to members of the press a number of times since he said he started using the medication without mentioning it; likewise, before Monday the White House had made no mention of him taking it.
A Salvadoran Health Ministry worker shows a package of bottles of HydroxyChloroquine pills to be distributed in hospitals in San Salvador, amid the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, April 21, 202. The Food and Drug Administration, among other health authorities, have warned against using hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19, alone or in combination with azithromycin.
"People are going to have to make up their own mind," he said, speaking to reporters on Capitol Hill. President Donald Trump talks about taking daily doses of hydroxychloroquine pills as he addresses a coronavirus disease pandemic meeting with restaurant executives and industry leaders beneath a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln in the State Dining Room at the White House in Washington, May 18, 2020.
Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Divisions appear in Trump administration on role of CDC in COVID-19 testingAs the country continues to reopen, divisions appear to be developing within the Trump administration specifically on the performance of the CDC at the start of the coronavirus pandemic. White House adviser Peter Navarro said “Early on in this crisis…the CDC really let the country down with the testing.” Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar said, “I don’t believe the CDC let this country down.”
Read more »
Trump says he's taking hydroxychloroquine, unproven drug he's touted for COVID-19President Trump on Monday told reporters he's been taking hydroxychloroquine, the unproven drug he touted for COVID-19.
Read more »
Donald Trump Rages Over “Death Wish” Of Extended L.A. Stay-At-Home COVID-19 OrderAs confirmed cases of the coronavirus continue to grow in Los Angeles County, Donald Trump today crashed right into the region’s attempt to keep the health crisis under control with language straig…
Read more »
President Trump Says He's Taking Hydroxychloroquine to Prevent COVID-19President Trump is going all-in on pushing hydroxychloroquine as a way to fight the coronavirus.
Read more »
White House tensions with CDC spill into public view as top Trump adviser criticizes agency responseWhite House trade adviser Peter Navarro said Sunday that the CDC’s early flawed coronavirus test kit “really let the country down.”
Read more »