Soccer-Senegal's Mane ruled out of World Cup

Malaysia News News

Soccer-Senegal's Mane ruled out of World Cup
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 75%

(Reuters) - Senegal forward Sadio Mane has been ruled out of the World Cup in Qatar in a crushing blow to his team’s chances, officials said on Thursday.

Mane had been a doubt for the tournament after picking up a leg injury playing for his German club Bayern Munich last week, and it has now been confirmed he will not recover in time.

Senegal Football Federation officials announced that further scans had revealed he will require surgery. Mane is the talisman of the Senegal side and a key player for them in attack. His absence will be a blow to their chances of advancing out of Group A, where they face the Netherlands on Monday before playing host nation Qatar and Ecuador.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Soccer-Senegal's Mane to miss first games of World Cup - reportsSoccer-Senegal's Mane to miss first games of World Cup - reports(Reuters) - Senegal forward Sadio Mane will miss the 'first games' of the World Cup in Qatar due to injury, a Senegal soccer federation official was quoted as saying by local media on Tuesday.
Read more »

Soccer-Iran players can protest at World Cup says coach QueirozSoccer-Iran players can protest at World Cup says coach QueirozDOHA (Reuters) - Iran's players are free to join in the protests sweeping their country over women's rights while they are playing at the World Cup in Qatar but must do so within the rules of the tournament, national team coach Carlos Queiroz said on Tuesday.
Read more »

Soccer-Germany's Mueller, Ruediger to be fit for World Cup opener - coachSoccer-Germany's Mueller, Ruediger to be fit for World Cup opener - coachMUSCAT (Reuters) - Germany's defensive leader Antonio Ruediger and attacking midfielder Thomas Mueller will be fit for Germany's opening World Cup Group E match against Japan next week, coach Hansi Flick said on Tuesday.
Read more »

Ecuador's Castillo not selected for World Cup due to sanctions riskEcuador's Castillo not selected for World Cup due to sanctions riskQUITO (Reuters) - The Ecuadorean Football Federation (FEF) said on Tuesday that it has not included Byron Castillo in the country's World Cup squad due to the risk of 'unfair' sanctions.
Read more »

Soccer-Spain's Luis Enrique goes full tilt down World Cup streamlineSoccer-Spain's Luis Enrique goes full tilt down World Cup streamline(Reuters) - Spain manager Luis Enrique will step into the role of a Twitch streamer as he documents his team's Qatar World Cup journey to offer fans a unique perspective of the tournament, the 52-year-old said on Tuesday.
Read more »

Soccer-Messi eager to enjoy World Cup, says Argentina coach ScaloniSoccer-Messi eager to enjoy World Cup, says Argentina coach Scaloni(Reuters) - Argentina forward Lionel Messi is relishing the build-up to the Qatar World Cup, head coach Lionel Scaloni said on Tuesday as he prepares the team for their warm-up clash with the United Arab Emirates in Abu Dhabi.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 05:18:36