Philippine military says troops acted professionally in South China Sea

Malaysia News News

Philippine military says troops acted professionally in South China Sea
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 asiaonecom
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 59%

MANILA — The Philippine military on Tuesday (June 4) rejected Chinese allegations that troops stationed on a warship grounded on a disputed South China Sea shoal had pointed guns at its coast guard, insisting its personnel maintained professional conduct.

Chinese Maritime Militia vessels are pictured near the Second Thomas Shoal in the South China Sea, March 5, 2024.MANILA — The Philippine military on Tuesday rejected Chinese allegations that troops stationed on a warship grounded on a disputed South China Sea shoal had pointed guns at its coast guard, insisting its personnel maintained professional conduct.

Chinese state media said on Sunday personnel on a Philippine ship pointed guns at China's coast guard last month at the Second Thomas Shoal, a flashpoint for repeated flare-ups between the two countries. "We have the right to defend ourselves," Brawner said, adding the Philippines will continue to assert its sovereignty in the area.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

asiaonecom /  🏆 10. in SG

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Commentary: Philippine-US combat drills risk stirring up trouble at South China SeaCommentary: Philippine-US combat drills risk stirring up trouble at South China SeaHeightened tensions over the status of Taiwan have made the South China Sea even more strategically important, says a Northeastern University professor.
Read more »

Philippine civilian convoy sails toward disputed shoal in South China SeaPhilippine civilian convoy sails toward disputed shoal in South China SeaChina and the Philippines have been embroiled in another heated standoff over competing claims in the South China Sea, after a Philippine convoy sailed towards the Scarborough Shoal.
Read more »

Philippine group calls civilian mission in South China Sea a 'major victory'Philippine group calls civilian mission in South China Sea a 'major victory'MANILA/BEIJING: A Philippine group leading a civilian supply mission in the South China Sea delivered food and fuel to Filipino fishermen despite being shadowed by Chinese vessels, its officials said on Thursday (May 16), calling it a "major victory".
Read more »

Philippine vice admiral accuses Chinese embassy of secretly recording phone call on South China SeaPhilippine vice admiral accuses Chinese embassy of secretly recording phone call on South China SeaMANILA - A senior Philippine navy official on Wednesday accused the Chinese embassy in Manila of recording a phone call without his consent and denied forging a deal with Beijing to deescalate tensions in the South China Sea.
Read more »

Philippines says China Coast Guard rules a provocationPhilippines says China Coast Guard rules a provocationThe Philippines and China have had several maritime run-ins in the South China Sea.
Read more »

Philippines, US fire at 'invasion' force in South China Sea war gamesPhilippines, US fire at 'invasion' force in South China Sea war gamesLAOAG, Philippines: US and Filipino troops fired missiles and artillery at an imaginary "invasion" force during war games on the Philippines' northern coast on Monday (May 6), days after their governments objected to China's "dangerous" actions in regional waters.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 08:37:04