An Ontario university says it is removing some details of the courses it offers from the public domain after a triple stabbing on campus that police have said targeted the LGBTQ community.
University of Waterloo says on its website that after an assessment of its response to the June 28 attack inside a gender studies class — that left a professor and two students injured — it has decided to remove class locations and instructor names from public websites.
The provost's office has decided students can only access those course details through a private information system. Investigators in Waterloo have alleged the stabbing was a planned act motivated by hate related to gender expression and gender identity and a 24-year-old man has been charged with multiple offences, including three counts of aggravated assault.
The university, located southwest of Toronto, says in its memo it is also doing an urgent assessment of its emergency notification system with a third-party consultant after some criticized the institution for issuing a delayed alert to the community about the attack. The new security changes and assessment are a part of its efforts to help the campus grapple with the trauma of the attack, to achieve a safe, inclusive environment and the university says more changes are coming.
Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
LGBTQ policy in N.B. schools violates Charter rights of kids: child advocatePremier Blaine Higgs has previously defended the changes, arguing that parents have the right to know whether their children are questioning their gender identity.
Read more »
Ontario university to remove course details from public website after triple stabbingAn Ontario university says it is removing some details of the courses it offers from the public domain after a triple stabbing on campus that police have said targeted the LGBTQ community.
Read more »
CANADA: Ontario proposing new regulations to protect workers from heat-related illnessesThe proposal would require workplaces to comply with heat stress exposure limits for light to very heavy workloads in accordance with methods used to determine heat exposures
Read more »
Ontario proposing new regulations to protect workers from heat related illnesses - constructconnect.comOTTAWA — Ontario is proposing regulations to protect workers in the province from heat-related illnesses amid a rise in extreme heat events across Canada due to climate change. The proposed bill would introduce a “standalone” heat stress regulation under
Read more »
Ontario premier refuses to back away from plans to build on protected Greenbelt - constructconnect.comMISSISSAUGA, ON. - Ontario Premier Doug Ford says he will not back away from plans to build on the protected Greenbelt despite a damning auditor general report and experts saying his housing targets can be met by building elsewhere. Ford says no one rece
Read more »
People in Ontario furious over reports Doug Ford got a private plane ride from the OPPTwitter users in Ontario may be noticing a peculiar new tag trending on the platform today, GravyPlane, and for anyone guessing what the heck it r...
Read more »