Oft-injured but highly talented wideout agrees to one-year contract for $15 million.
NEW YORK -- The New York Jets have agreed to terms with former Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams on a one-year contract.The Jets seemingly confirmed the move on Twitter.The 29-year-old Williams visited the Jets' facility Tuesday and reportedly had meetings with other teams scheduled, but New York didn't let him leave its building without a deal.NFL Network first reported the agreement between Williams and the Jets and said it's worth up to $15 million.
Williams also missed four regular-season games in 2022 because of an ankle injury and was sidelined for a playoff game at Jacksonville after he hurt his back in the finale at Denver. But after missing the first six games of his rookie season with a back ailment, Williams played in at least 15 games in each of the next four seasons.Williams was released by Los Angeles last week, a move that freed up $20 million in salary cap space.
Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Star WR Mike Williams visits Jets TuesdayThe wide-receiver-needy New York Jets are hosting star free agent Mike Williams on Tuesday, per multiple reports, in hopes of bolstering their pass-catching
Read more »
Jets agree to 1-year deal with former Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams, AP source saysA person familiar with the deal tells The Associated Press the New York Jets have agreed to terms with former Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams on a one-year contract. The 29-year-old Williams visited the Jets' facility Tuesday and reportedly had meetings with other teams scheduled.
Read more »
Jets ink star WR Mike Williams to 1-year, $15 million dealThe wide-receiver-needy New York Jets just picked up a massive weapon for its ranks, signing star pass-catcher Mike Williams to a one-year deal worth up to
Read more »
Jets signing ex-Chargers WR Mike Williams to 1-year dealFree agent wide receiver Mike Williams is signing a one-year deal worth up to $15 million with the Jets, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.
Read more »
WR Mike Williams reportedly agrees to one-year, $15 million deal with JetsWide receiver Mike Williams has reportedly agreed to sign a one-year, $15 million contract with the Jets, joining Aaron Rodgers and Garrett Wilson in New York.
Read more »
Chargers release Mike Williams, save $20M on salary capThe Chargers released wide receiver Mike Williams on Wednesday to save $20 million against their salary cap.
Read more »