Israel says its forces operating in ‘heart of Gaza City’

Malaysia News News

Israel says its forces operating in ‘heart of Gaza City’
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 straits_times
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 67 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 30%
  • Publisher: 69%

The leader of Hamas is trapped inside a bunker, says Israel. Read more at straitstimes.com.

People search rubble for survivors and the bodies of victims in the aftermath of Israeli bombardment in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip on Nov 6, 2023.Palestinians evacuate the site of Israeli strikes on houses in Maghazi refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip, on Nov 6, 2023.Emergency personnel rescue a Palestinian girl at the site of Israeli strikes in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, on Nov 7, 2023.

“They are manoeuvring on foot, armoured vehicles and tanks, along with military engineers from all directions and they have one target - Hamas terrorists in Gaza, their infrastructure, their commanders, bunkers, communications rooms. They are tightening the noose around Gaza City.” The military wing of Hamas, which has ruled the small, densely populated enclave for 16 years, said its fighters were inflicting heavy losses and damage on advancing Israeli forces. It had no immediate comment on the possible fate of Sinwar.Defence Minister Yoav Gallant said Israeli soldiers were operating in the heart of Gaza City.

Gaza’s interior ministry says 900,000 Palestinians are still sheltering in northern Gaza including Gaza City. While Israel’s military operation is focused on the northern half of Gaza, the south has also come under attack. Palestinian health officials said at least 23 people were killed in two separate Israeli air strikes early on Tuesday in the southern Gaza cities of Khan Younis and Rafah.

Israel has so far been vague about its long-term plans for Gaza, should it succeed in its operation to vanquish Hamas. In some of the first direct comments on the subject, Prime Minister Netanyahu said Israel would seek to have security responsibility for Gaza “for an indefinite period”.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

straits_times /  🏆 5. in SG

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Israel says it exposed Hamas network beneath and next to Gaza's hospitalsIsrael says it exposed Hamas network beneath and next to Gaza's hospitalsJERUSALEM - The Israeli military on Sunday said it has exposed a network of Hamas tunnels, command centres and rocket launchers beneath and adjacent to hospitals in northern Gaza. 'Hamas systematically exploits hospitals as part of its war machine,' Israel's chief military spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari told reporters.
Read more »

Israel intensifies Gaza strikes despite ceasefire callsIsrael intensifies Gaza strikes despite ceasefire callsIsrael on Monday (Nov 6) pounded Gaza with "significant" strikes as soldiers battled Hamas forces in the besieged territory, ignoring ceasefire calls by UN aid agencies who condemned surgin
Read more »

Hamas says Gaza death toll tops 10,000 as Israel steps up warHamas says Gaza death toll tops 10,000 as Israel steps up warGAZA — The death toll in Gaza has surpassed 10,000 people, the Hamas-run health ministry said Monday (Nov 6) after nearly one month of bombardment by Israel whose offensive against Palestinian militants showed signs of intensifying.
Read more »

Israel open to 'little pauses' in Gaza fighting, Netanyahu saysIsrael open to 'little pauses' in Gaza fighting, Netanyahu saysWASHINGTON: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday (Nov 6) that Israel would consider "tactical little pauses" in Gaza fighting to facilitate the entry of humanitarian aid or allow
Read more »

Israel says it is open to Gaza fighting pauses for aid, hostagesIsrael says it is open to Gaza fighting pauses for aid, hostagesGAZA: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel would consider "tactical little pauses" in Gaza fighting to facilitate the entry of aid or the exit of hostages, but again rejected calls for
Read more »

Israel open to ‘little pauses’ in Gaza fighting, Netanyahu saysIsrael open to ‘little pauses’ in Gaza fighting, Netanyahu saysHe reiterated his country's rejection of a ceasefire without the release of hostages held by Hamas. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 03:03:48