Israel-Hamas war: Israel may have ‘security responsibility’ for Gaza for indefinite period, says Netanyahu

Malaysia News News

Israel-Hamas war: Israel may have ‘security responsibility’ for Gaza for indefinite period, says Netanyahu
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 IrishTimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 47 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 98%

Israelis hold a vigil in Jerusalem to mark 30 days since the Hamas attack

Israel-Hamas war: An Israeli artillery unit fires from the Israeli side of the border towards the Gaza Strip. Photograph: by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images

Last month, Israel defence minister Yoav Gallant said one key objective of Israel’s military campaign was to sever “Israel’s responsibility for life in the Gaza Strip” and establish a “new security reality for the citizens of Israel”.Flatbread for thousands: how a war-torn Gaza bakery is fighting hungerPictures of the hostages abducted by Palestinian militants are projected on to the walls of the old city of Jerusalem.

In Jerusalem, Israelis held a vigil to mark 30 days since the Hamas attack on Israel in which 1,400 people were killed, with a candle lit for each victim. The total number of deaths now stands at 10,022, including 4,104 children, it said. The number of casualties in Gaza has not been independently verified.

In the ABC interview, Mr Netanyahu again rejected the idea of a ceasefire in Gaza unless hostages are released, but he suggested a series of “tactical little pauses” may be possible.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IrishTimes /  🏆 3. in İE

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Israel-Hamas war: Pressure grows for Gaza ceasefire as conflict enters fifth weekIsrael-Hamas war: Pressure grows for Gaza ceasefire as conflict enters fifth weekMore than 30 killed in Israeli bombing of refugee camp, Hamas-run health ministry says; Arab nations urge US to persuade Israel to agree to a ceasefire
Read more »

Daughter of Irishman thought killed in Hamas attack believed to be alive in GazaDaughter of Irishman thought killed in Hamas attack believed to be alive in GazaEmily Hand, whose father Thomas Hand is from Dubin, has been missing since October 7
Read more »

Israel-Hamas conflict: Thoughts turn to what happens ‘the day after’ the warIsrael-Hamas conflict: Thoughts turn to what happens ‘the day after’ the warTwo-state solution is part of a Washington effort to create a new peace process
Read more »

Israel rejects ceasefire as Gaza death toll risesEfforts to pressure Israel to spare civilians in Gaza are set to continue today after Israel rebuffed calls for a ceasefire amid a US diplomatic blitz to the region to help contain any escalation of the conflict.
Read more »

Israel rejects ceasefire as Gaza death toll risesEfforts to pressure Israel to spare civilians in Gaza are set to continue today after Israel rebuffed calls for a ceasefire amid a US diplomatic blitz to the region to help contain any escalation of the conflict.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 13:23:59