Israel-Gaza war: Fate of top Hamas commander unclear after major Israeli air strike

Israel News

Israel-Gaza war: Fate of top Hamas commander unclear after major Israeli air strike
Israel-Hamas-ConflictGaza-StripHamas
  • 📰 IrishTimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 5 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 98%

More than 90 are killed in attack on Khan Younis villa that targeted Muhammad Deif

Palestinians survey the damage after an Israel i strike at a camp for displaced Palestinians in the Al-Mawasi district of Khan Younis, southern Gaza. Photograph: Ahmad Salem/BloombergBut the Israel i military and the Shin Bet domestic security agency said in a joint statement on Sunday afternoon that another target of the attack had been killed: Rafa Salameh, the leader of Hamas forces in Khan Younis in southern Gaza.

But it remained unclear on Sunday if the primary target, Muhammad Deif, the leader of the Qassam Brigades, Hamas’s military wing, was among the dead. The Israeli military and Shin Bet described Salameh, the secondary target, as “one of the closest associates” of Deif. They said that he, too, was “one of the masterminds” of the October 7 attack and, among other duties, was responsible for all launches of projectiles toward Israeli territory from the Khan Younis area.

It was not immediately clear how the strike Saturday might affect those talks, which were already fragile and halting.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IrishTimes /  🏆 3. in İE

Israel-Hamas-Conflict Gaza-Strip Hamas

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Israel-Gaza war: Israeli forces pound north and south Gaza, battle Hamas in RafahIsrael-Gaza war: Israeli forces pound north and south Gaza, battle Hamas in RafahGround fighting has focused on city of Rafah on Gaza’s southern edge, where around half of the enclave’s 2.3 million people had been sheltering
Read more »

Israel-Gaza war: Israel studies new Hamas response to ceasefire proposalIsrael-Gaza war: Israel studies new Hamas response to ceasefire proposalAbout 90 per cent of Gaza's population have been displaced at least once since the war began, according to the UN
Read more »

Hamas withdrawing from Gaza truce talks - Hamas officialA senior Hamas official told AFP that the Palestinian militant group has withdrawn from talks on a ceasefire in the Gaza war because of Israeli 'massacres' and its attitude in negotiations.
Read more »

Hamas’ Khan Younis brigade commander killed in Gaza air strike, Israel claimsHamas’ Khan Younis brigade commander killed in Gaza air strike, Israel claimsOne Syrian soldier killed and three injured in Israeli attacks against military sites and residential building in Damascus early on Sunday
Read more »

Israel considers Hamas response to Gaza ceasefire planIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will convene his security cabinet this evening to discuss new Hamas positions on a ceasefire deal in Gaza, a source in Mr Netanyahu's office said, as fighting in the territory raged.
Read more »

Israel-Gaza war: Palestinians flee as Israeli forces launch fresh strikes in Gaza CityIsrael-Gaza war: Palestinians flee as Israeli forces launch fresh strikes in Gaza CityIsraeli military issues evacuation order for area in east of the city it had previously declared clear of Hamas militants
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 15:10:28