Health Ministry to consider extending quarantine period to 21 days for those returning from India

Malaysia News News

Health Ministry to consider extending quarantine period to 21 days for those returning from India
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 29 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 75%

PETALING JAYA: The Health Ministry will study if the 14-day mandatory quarantine period for Malaysians arriving from India should be extended to 21 days, says Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.

The Health director-general said this after the 132 people who were brought back from India on May 12 on a special repatriation mission have had their quarantine period extended for 21 days after seven of them tested positive for Covid-19."The ministry will carry out an immediate risk evaluation to determine if the 14-day mandatory quarantine period of Malaysians arriving from India should be extended to 21 days," he said.

He said the repatriation mission involved 92 adults and 40 children who had tested negative for the virus after undergoing RT-PCR tests before taking off from India. He said those flown back under the special mission from India comprised 64 males and 68 females with 117 of them Malaysians, eight from Brunei, four Danish, two Indian nationals and an Indonesian.

On Thursday , Dr Noor Hisham said that an individual who was detected with the Indian Covid-19 variant in the country only tested positive for the virus two weeks after arriving here from overseas.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Health Ministry says national archer Haziq's death not related to Covid-19 or vaccine | Malay MailHealth Ministry says national archer Haziq's death not related to Covid-19 or vaccine | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, May 15 —  National archer Haziq Kamaruddin died of complications arising from clogged heart blood vessels due to coronary artery atherosclerosis yesterday, said the Ministry of Health (MOH). Forensic Medical Services head Datuk Dr Zahari Noor said so far there was no evidence...
Read more »

Health Ministry: Haziq’s death due to heart attack, not related to Covid-19 vaccineHealth Ministry: Haziq’s death due to heart attack, not related to Covid-19 vaccinePETALING JAYA: National Archery athlete Haziq Kamaruddin’s death has been classified as coronary artery atherosclerosis, says the Health Ministry.
Read more »

National archer died from clogged blood vessels in heart - Health MinistryNational archer died from clogged blood vessels in heart - Health MinistryNo links to Covid-19 vaccination have been found so far but further investigations are underway.
Read more »

Health Ministry: No conclusive evidence on Ivermectin, will start clinical trialHealth Ministry: No conclusive evidence on Ivermectin, will start clinical trialScience is best weapon against virus, not circumstantial hype - Noor Hisham.
Read more »

Malaysian Armed Forces, Health Ministry to enhance cooperation against third wave of Covid-19 | Malay MailMalaysian Armed Forces, Health Ministry to enhance cooperation against third wave of Covid-19 | Malay MailKAPIT, May 16 — The Malaysian Armed Forces (ATM) will be stepping cooperation with the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the fight against the third wave of Covid-19 pandemic, said ATM chief General Tan Sri Affendi Buang. It will encompass current logistic facilities in transporting medical aid and...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 23:41:25