Greek prosecutor seeks 13-year sentences for neo-Nazi leaders | Malay Mail

Malaysia News News

Greek prosecutor seeks 13-year sentences for neo-Nazi leaders | Malay Mail
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 malaymail
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 26 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 86%

ATHENS, Oct 13 — A Greek prosecutor today called for 13-year prison sentences for the leading members of infamous neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn, nearly a week after their conviction in a landmark trial. Prosecutor Adamantia Economou said the sentences should be imposed on long-term leader Nikos...

A general view of the court room and the Presiding judge Maria Lepenioti during the trial of the Golden Dawn party trial in Athens on October 12, 2020. — AFP pic

The proposed sentences will be debated by a panel of three judges, with decisions expected by Thursday. It also denied requests by defence lawyers to consider mitigating factors when sentencing Michaloliakos, and other former senior party members, who were convicted last week of running a criminal organisation.

Other party members who helped ambush the rapper on the night he was killed should be given eight-year sentences, she said.“We were condemned over our ideas,” he tweeted last week.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

malaymail /  🏆 1. in MY

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Court rejects leniency for Greek neo-Nazi leaders | Malay MailCourt rejects leniency for Greek neo-Nazi leaders | Malay MailATHENS, Oct 12 — A Greek court today rejected calls for leniency for the leaders of notorious Greek neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn, paving the way for sentences of up to 15 years after a five-year trial. The court refused requests to consider mitigating factors when sentencing party founder and...
Read more »

Two earthquakes strike off Greek island of Crete | Malay MailTwo earthquakes strike off Greek island of Crete | Malay MailATHENS, Oct 12 — Two moderate earthquakes of over 5.0 magnitude struck off the Greek island of Crete early today but there were no reports of casualties or damage. The Athens Geodynamic Institute said the first quake, with a 5.1 magnitude, hit at 4.11am local time (0111 GMT) 47 kilometres...
Read more »

Pitas rep pushing for fast-tracking of 13 new telco towers in districtPitas rep pushing for fast-tracking of 13 new telco towers in districtKOTA KINABALU: Sabah Science, Technology and Innovation Assistant Minister Datuk Ruddy Awah will attempt to expedite the installation of 13 new telecommunication towers in Pitas.
Read more »

Covid-19: Sabah to come under conditional MCO from Oct 13 until 26 (updated)Covid-19: Sabah to come under conditional MCO from Oct 13 until 26 (updated)PUTRAJAYA: The whole of Sabah will be placed under the conditional movement control order (MCO) from Tuesday (Oct 13) until Oct 26, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
Read more »

Felda Umas in Tawau to be under enhanced MCO from Oct 13 until 26Felda Umas in Tawau to be under enhanced MCO from Oct 13 until 26PUTRAJAYA: Residents of Felda Umas in Tawau, Sabah, will be placed under the enhanced movement control order (MCO) from 12.01am Oct 13 to contain the spreading of Covid-19 in the settlement.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 06:56:06