Funeral held in Gaza for victims of Israeli airstrike

Conflict News

Funeral held in Gaza for victims of Israeli airstrike
GazaFuneralIsraeli Airstrike
  • 📰 straits_times
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 29 sec. here
  • 8 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 36%
  • Publisher: 69%

At a funeral in Gaza on Dec 25 a line of Palestinians touched the white shrouds containing the bodies of at least 70 people who Palestinian health officials said were killed by an Israeli airstrike targeting Maghazi in the centre of the besieged strip.

At a funeral in Gaza on Dec 25 a line of Palestinians touched the white shrouds containing the bodies of at least 70 people who Palestinian health officials said were killed by an Israeli airstrike targeting Maghazi in the centre of the besieged strip. The funeral followed one of the enclave's deadliest nights in the 11-week-old battle between Israel and Hamas , the Palestinian militant group that runs Gaza . One man hugged a dead child, while others were hysterical.

One man, Ibrahim Youssef, said his wife and four children including a four-month-old baby, were trapped under the rubble after an airstrike hit the house where they were staying in the Maghazi refugee camp. Youssef said he was away when he heard the strike and hurried back home. Despite saving one of his sons, he had been unable to reach the others.Israel denies targeting civilians and accuses Hamas of building tunnels and military infrastructure in densely populated civilian areas. The strikes that began hours before midnight persisted into Dec 2

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

straits_times /  🏆 5. in SG

Gaza Funeral Israeli Airstrike Casualties Conflict Hamas

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Israeli forces bombard targets in Gaza, dozens killed or woundedIsraeli forces bombard targets in Gaza, dozens killed or woundedIsraeli forces continue to bomb targets in northern and southern Gaza, resulting in dozens of Palestinians killed or wounded. Despite the US call to scale down the campaign and focus on Hamas's leaders, the attacks have not ceased. The Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis has received 20 Palestinians killed in air strikes, along with numerous wounded, including women and children. The YMCA headquarters in Gaza City, which is housing displaced people, has also been hit, causing several casualties. The situation in the Jabalia refugee camp remains uncertain, with reports of at least three dozen people killed in strikes on three houses.
Read more »

Israeli Leaders Vow to Continue Gaza Strip War Against HamasIsraeli Leaders Vow to Continue Gaza Strip War Against HamasIsraeli leaders said Wednesday (Dec 13) they intend to press ahead with the Gaza Strip war against Hamas, despite coming under increasing international pressure, including from key ally the United States.
Read more »

Israeli bombardment escalates in Gaza StripIsraeli bombardment escalates in Gaza StripFighting in the Gaza Strip escalates with intense Israeli bombardment as Hamas fires rockets at Tel Aviv.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 05:24:13