The new construction deal with Fisher Sand and Gravel comes with a nearly $1.3 billion price tag.
The company's only other major border contract, a $400 million deal to build 31 miles of border wall across the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge southwest of Tucson, is currently under review by the Defense Department inspector general after Democratic Congress members expressed concerns over the White House's influence on the contracting process.that the audit was still ongoing.
The new border wall project is expected to see 42 miles of fencing erected from Nogales to the eastern bounds of the Tohono O'odham Nation, a major reservation in southern Arizona.near the reservation, including across areas that they say have served as sacred burial sites.Part of the initiative's high price tag might have to do with the fact that it is expected to present a number of hurdles for engineers, including steep terrain and water crossings.
Trump's demand that the border wall fencing be painted black has also added additional costs to ongoing construction, with painting expected to add as much as $1.2 million per mile to overall costs, according to contracting estimates obtained earlier this month by, with the Trump administration yet to formally announce the contract.has contacted Fisher Sand and Gravel, as well as the White House, the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S.
Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Donald Trump talks golf's return, envisions fans 'standing on top of each other' without masksPresident Trump continued to trumpet the return of sports during Sunday's charity golf match.
Read more »
Donald Trump will tour Ford plant in Michigan that makes ventilators for coronavirus responsePresident Trump will head to Michigan this week for the latest stop on his campaign to showcase companies that are producing equipment needed to battle the coronavirus pandemic.
Read more »
Donald Trump Says He’s Been Taking Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus Symptoms: “I’m Still Here”President Donald Trump said that he has been taking the drug hydroxychloroquine every day for the past week and a half, apparently as a preventative measure against the coronavirus. “I happen…
Read more »
China pledges $2 billion to fight coronavirus as Donald Trump threatens to cut WHO funding permanentlyThe United States and China have feuded over the World Health Organization's role in battling the novel coronavirus, with President Donald Trump criticizing the WHO and Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping praising the agency.
Read more »