Apple’s cyberattack alerts vague, says Indian minister, as opposition blame government for snooping

Malaysia News News

Apple’s cyberattack alerts vague, says Indian minister, as opposition blame government for snooping
Malaysia Latest News,Malaysia Headlines
  • 📰 straits_times
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 54 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 69%

He invited Apple to “join the investigation with real, accurate information on the alleged state sponsored attacks”. Read more at straitstimes.com.

Apple warned at least 20 of India’s prominent opposition leaders and journalists that their iPhones might be targets of state-sponsored hacking attempts on Oct 31.

So far, a dozen opposition politicians have confirmed that they had received the message from Apple, and many posted screenshots of it on X, formerly known as Twitter. They include parliamentarians from opposition parties like Mr Shashi Tharoor from the Congress, Ms Mahua Moitra from the Trinamool Congress, Mr Raghav Chadha from the Aam Aadmi Party, and Mr Asaduddin Owaisi of the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen party.

Others who confirmed they received such alerts were Congress spokespersons Pawan Khera and Supriya Shrinate, Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav, Communist Party of India general secretary Sitaram Yechury, and Telangana state minister K.T. Rama Rao from the Bharat Rashtra Samithi party. She said that vocal opposition leaders like her were living in “a complete Orwellian reality”, referring to being constantly watched and having their privacy and security violated by electronic surveillance.

India’s Congress party leader Rahul Gandhi said several people who worked in his office received the alerts from Apple. PHOTO: AFP

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

straits_times /  🏆 5. in SG

Malaysia Latest News, Malaysia Headlines



Render Time: 2025-04-06 17:27:08