Beyond the Breaking News

North Carolina sues Vietnam's VinFast over delayed EV project

Vietnam News

North Carolina sues Vietnam's VinFast over delayed EV project
USNorth CarolinaLawsuit

The craft workshop facilitator guides participants through activities designed to encourage mindfulness, self-expression and emotional release.

FILE PHOTO: Governor Roy Cooper sits inside a Vinfast VF8 electric car on March 29, 2022 in Raleigh, North Carolina , following an announcement that Vinfast would build a manufacturing facility in neighbouring Chatham County.

- The News & Observer via AP HANOI: The State of North Carolina has sued Vietnamese EV maker VinFast for its alleged failure to meet its commitments to build an electric vehicle and battery factory in the state, Attorney General Jeff Jackson said in a statement. * VinFast has abandoned work on the 712-hectare site in Chatham County for over a year, according to the statement issued on Thursday .

* VinFast was earlier licensed to build the plant with commitments to create 7,500 jobs and invest over US$3 billion in North Carolina, the statement said. *"VinFast has defaulted on its agreements with the State, and VinFast's continued inaction all but guarantees imminent further default," it said. *"Contracts with contractors have already been signed, and construction activities are expected to commence shortly in accordance with the planned schedule," it said in a statement.

* In 2022, VinFast said the plant would have an annual production capacity of 150,000 vehicles. In 2024, it said it would delay the launch of the plant to 2028 amid market uncertainties. * North Carolina should be allowed to exercise its option to purchase the land for a future manufacturer, and wants to be repaid US$80 million allocated to VinFast for site preparation, the statement said.

* VinFast initially targeted to have the factory up and running by July 1 this year, but had later said it couldn't do so until 2028, according to the statement. * The EV maker said in the statement that recent changes in US policies related to the EV industry have impacted the project timeline, requiring more time"to evaluate appropriate implementation conditions".

* VinFast announced last week it will sell its Vietnamese manufacturing business for 13.3 trillion dong to a group of investors who ​will also assume roughly US$6.9 billion in debt. * Shares in Vingroup, VinFast's parent company, fell 3.5 per cent on Friday morning in Hanoi. - Reuters

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

US North Carolina Lawsuit Vinfast Delayed EV Project

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

China's Xi may visit North Korea as early as next week: YonhapChina's Xi may visit North Korea as early as next week: YonhapTAIPEI, ⁠May 21 (Reuters) - Tokyo ⁠Electron's Taiwan unit ‌told Reuters in a written response on ​Thursday that ⁠it respects ⁠the judicial process, takes ⁠the ‌court ruling ⁠seriously and will not appeal ​in ‌the TSMC trade ⁠secret ​case.
Read more »

South Korea coach 'hurt' by support for North team in women's football matchSouth Korea coach 'hurt' by support for North team in women's football matchBANGKOK, May 21 (Reuters) - ⁠The medical condition of Thai Princess ⁠Bajrakitiyabha has worsened as a result ‌of multiple infections in several organs, with physicians unable to contain her irregular heart rate, the Royal Palace ​said in a statement on ⁠Thursday.
Read more »

China’s Xi tipped for North Korea visit amid renewed Trump-Kim diplomacy talkChina’s Xi tipped for North Korea visit amid renewed Trump-Kim diplomacy talkSEOUL, May 21 — Chinese President Xi Jinping may visit North Korea as early as next week and will try to act as a mediator between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and US...
Read more »

Vietnam to Implement Mandatory Health Declarations at Border Gates for Travellers Beginning July 1, 2026Vietnam to Implement Mandatory Health Declarations at Border Gates for Travellers Beginning July 1, 2026Vietnam will start requiring travellers entering, leaving or transiting through the country to submit health declarations on July 1, 2026. This new requirement is part of a government decree outlining the implementation of the Law on Disease Prevention.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-22 07:26:53